Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Figuring this blogging thing out

I've been trying to figure out how to balance the blog world's need for regular updates with my desire to have original content that isn't duplicating the efforts of others who are already out there.

I decided on a trial that I think will be a good balance. Please let me know if it is working or if it needs tweaking. (Really. When you're lurking here and thinking, "She's needs to update this thing more often," or "I wish she'd put it all in one place," or "I just want the good stuff. Leave all the rest elsewhere," then I really want you to type that and send it to me.)

I am thinking that on this blog I will stick to homilies, lectures, interviews, projects, and biographies. My current projects include the Eastern & Oriental Catholicism Google map, a universal liturgical calendar widget, and a links page. On the Facebook page, I would then share more of the all and sundry posts like hymns, news, or other background info on what I'm working on for the blog. How does that sound?

I've also discovered that the blogging culture has an innate appreciation for structured cycles with their Wordless Wednesdays and Thankful Thursdays (how Catholic of them!) so I'm going to try to come up with something similar to regularly structure my posts. I guarantee the titles won't be as catchy. I take more of an Eric Carle approach to the calendar. You know: "Today is Monday. Monday string beans." Coming up with something slightly more endearing will be one of my goals for this week. I'll leave the rest of what I'm doing for the Facebook page in order to not bog things down here. Please let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. It lets me know people are reading and want me to continue the project!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...